SECOND TRIMESTER!!! Um WOW!
So far, things continue to be good...and honestly, I had to ask Gregg the other day if this was really happening or if it was just some crazy dream that I was going to eventually wake up from. I honestly still don't believe we're here and that this is happening to us!
I had an appointment yesterday & all is well. They did a urine sample & listened to the heartbeat with the doppler...of course I was silently freaking out because it took her (the NP) more than 5 seconds to find it, but all was well. I got nicely reprimanded for not drinking enough water, so I've been trying to be better about upping my intake (though most of it hasn't been water, but juice or milk since I hate water).
Otherwise, things are going well. I have the 2nd half of my sequential scheduled for the 26th of June, my next OB appt. on the 8th of July & the "BIG" ultrasound on the 19th of July (which the online girls are begging me to get bumped up so that I can know the gender before our big get-together on the 16th-18th)...I also called today to schedule 3 classes in August: childbirth, baby care & breast feeding. G & I are taking them with friends of ours (a coworker/friend/co-coach of G's and his wife). We're really excited to take that next big step...and knowing how quickly our summers always go by, those ultrasounds, appointments & classes will be here before we know it!
I'm still feeling great, only sick a few mornings a week (and it's all tooth-brushing related or drinking water on an empty stomach), though still pretty tired in the afternoons. Work is almost finished, though (2 more days), so I think once I get the chance to actually sleep in every morning, that will go away, too!
Wow, 2nd trimester, congratulations! :) To get more fluids, try diluting your juice. I do 1/3 juice to 2/3 water... it helps! Decaf tea is good, too. I did 1 family size decaf bag in a gallon of water with 2T sugar to make iced tea. Between juice, tea, and watered down lemonade, I was able to get my 1 1/2-2 gallons a day that I needed to keep contractions at bay! (drink, drink, drink, you don't want any preterm labor complications!!!!!)
ReplyDeleteYIPPEE.....made it to the 2nd trimester!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am soooo excited for you.
everything sounds wonderful (even the m/s!!! I can attest to that..it just makes you feel MORE pg!!!)
a get together..???? Is is close to home?
xo
woo hoo! So awesome! Let me tell you, two years from now you'll see your baby toddling around the house and think to yourself, is this real or a dream? It seems like that feeling never goes away! :)
ReplyDeleteTry drinking water with a straw. Seriously. It was the only way I was able to drink water and now I actually enjoy it. Straws make everything better.