Carlie is now 2-1/4 years old and she continues to grow and change each and every day. She is really quite the chatterbox these days, though we joke that there are very few people who are actually fluent in Carlie. If you aren't around her for a day or more at a time, it can be pretty hard to understand her, but the girl definitely knows what she wants to say and gets REALLY upset if you aren't cooperating with her!
Carlie now weighs around 30 pounds and is about 34 inches tall. As far as her size, she hasn't changed much in the last three months - she still wears size 4 diapers (with no potty-training in sight at this point!), 2T clothes, and size 5 (almost 6!) shoes. I'm fairly certain that by next summer, both girls will be completely sharing their wardrobes! Carlie also now has all of her 2-year molars, which means that she now has 20 teeth!
Carlie is still very sensitive and shy. She has been getting better at "warming up" quicker in social situations and around new people, though, which is great! It helps that she loves to tag along with Haddy and doesn't want to be left out of the fun, even if it makes her a little uncomfortable at first. Car-Car loves to play with her big sister and pretty much do everything Hadley does. We always say that they play together nicely about 90% of the time (because Carlie pretty much lets Haddy do whatever she wants!) and the other 10% of the time, well....look out! They especially love to play dollhouse and draw together, as well as climb all over the furniture and make a mess!
Since our last update, Carlie got to go to her first movie - Rise of the Guardians at the Summer Express dollar movies! She did great, even though she did say that her favorite part of the movie was the "rawr-rawr" in the Littlest Pet Shop short in the previews.
Carlie is beginning to learn her letters (she knows B, C, O, T, G, and H) and is slowly showing an interest in possibly going to dance class this year. We will see where that leads!
Here are a few of her favorite things...
-Rawr-rawrs (now sometimes known as kitty cats)
-fruit - rab-bebbies (raspberries), boo-bebbies (blueberries), and daw-bee-bees (strawberries) are favorites, as well as "baby oranges"
-attempting to make everyone change her diaper backwards (yeah, that's a fun one!)!
-going to the "pay-roun" (playground) to go "dooper-EYE" (super high) on the swings
-saying "Wait a MIM-MIT!" and "I keep you!" (as well as, "I don't want you - you go to Honolulu!" when Mommy said something she didn't like!")
-tackling Haddy and laughing hysterically
-going into the "dower" (the craft closet that they pretend is a shower) because "I reeawy dinky!"
-being sung the ABCs, and variations of Row Your Boat ('Meow the Cat' and 'Bark the Dog')
-being buried in the sand at the beach
-riding in the Baw-bee Deep (Barbie Jeep)
-brushing her teeth
-giving "Moo Kisses" (as opposed to lick-kisses - this is how we taught her to pucker up instead of sticking her tongue over her lips while she kisses)
-pointing at random things saying it's a "Nitty Yi-yun" (Nittany Lion) or a pineapple - I think she just likes saying those words!
-having her hair pulled up in a ponytail at bedtime so she can twirl it in her fingers
-sleeping in until 9 or later - and then still taking a 2 hour nap!
Carlie does NOT like...
-the idea of giving up her paci - little does she know, the Binky Fairy is looming!
-cleaning up her messes
-being put down for bed - she's learning her sister's stall tactics!